Thursday 1 December 2011

Gratitude To The Lord and A Mother's* Wish ( Come, see an Indian Bride )

                   
             Gratitude To The Lord


With a senior like Masood and a junior like Madan
What else can I ask for and Jamia is like Heaven

More than two decades I have spent in its loving fold
God, Thank You so much for your magnificent hold

The love that you had showered me with, at every corner
For a person like me who is basically a loner

.................................more to follow

                                      _______________________________________________


A Mother's* Wish


1. An Indian Bride

Pretty face and lips so red
Velvet skin and a prince to wed
Slender hands and feet so trim            
A perfect figure not a whim

High tide in the heart
Indian bride about to part
From childlike innocence
To heightened senses



Farewell child, farewell to thee
Please never come back to me
Tis from there you must leave
For eternal life back to eve



2. A well groomed groom or simply a groom?


Turn back not, my  child
Moving forward out out into the wild
The world full of sin and din
No peace one has from within

Weary steps, broken legs
Shattered dreams on a deck
Of a ship in waters so spate
Even then my child, reach that gate

* A typical Indian mother

1. punjabigraphics.com
2. flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment