Saturday 28 January 2012

Philo


Mother's Love*


Philo my sis, came last night
With her baby too, on her right
Left shoulder hung with a bag
I took the baby, may she not sag

Bob and bun, the youngest ones
Welcomed baby with a run
Baby wondered, why so much noise?
But bored it all with a poise

The baby's talk was music for all
The baby's walk was movie for all
All left their work and play
For the baby really made their day

Early morning they got dressed
Back to home, they then said
Bade we them, a very good bye
"Home empty now" we all did sigh
____________________________________________

A Loving thought or an afterthought - What is Love?


Not the cost of the gifts, would I count in my heart
But the love that you send along with, I would not part




_______________________________________________________
This was written way back in 2003 0r maybe 2004.
The baby mentioned here is now a big boy of around 9 or 10 years old.
The kid's birthday is on Valentine Day - 14th February ( I was reminded
of this poem since Feb is just around the corner ).
How time flies!
maureenmullarkey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment