Saturday 2 April 2011

Herodotus - Father of History

Besides being the first and foremost Historian, 
He avidly contributed to Geography due to his wide travels.
A Verse to his Fame                               
                    Herodotus
My Scroll and staff is with me
Didn't you know how far I see
In yonder times Herodotus shined
For travels and observations which he signed
           
                  From Italy, Greece in the west
                  Went to Colchis, Susa in the east


And to Egypt, Libya in the south
But knew not much about the north
_____________________________________


All this Greek is black and white
With all this history at my site
          Here do take a welcome break 
          Sorry, I will try to arrange a cake
Drink to health and have a laugh
This tale*, you can tell your staff
          Let them too break into a smile
          Make someone's day by doing this a while
 ____________________________________
                       
                  Drink to Health
Lighten your body, a glass of lemonade with
                         or
Boost up your spirits, a cup of coffee with
                   *Are you ready for a tale 
                                         or 
                     Are you running to the sale
New post will reach your postbox soon
                     I promise 
But my piano awaits a new tune
                     With laughter and tears days go by
                     Let me end this note with a bye          



1 comment: