Monday 18 April 2011

Specially to Dear Visitors to People n Places

1. Catalonia , Northern Spain




With flower bouquets, And thank you notes  
To all my Friends I have always wished

Darling Spain, you are a dear
In my heart you shall always reign
First Guest to my humble site
May you touch the greatest heights



2. The Non-Aligned Movement was founded in Belgrade;

 Principle founders, during the Brijuni Islands summit in 
Yugoslavia (1953); left to right: Josip Broz Tito of Yugoslavia,


Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, China
Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina 

Love to each, each one of you 
May our bonds be tighter sewed


3. Serene River Danube, Bulgaria 


Canada, Malaysia, Tanzania, Australia 
From Polar North to Temperate South

To entertain you further I hereby  vow
And will rack my brain to do it how


4. Rainbow on Land, Tanzania 


Sweden, Taiwan, Japan, Spain
I am sure you never much lacked in rain
Thanks for visits, Friends I have gained

Thanks dear US and thanks my near UAE 
Atlantic in between yet United You are

High profile Netherlands though country low-lying *
My sincere thanks  for visitors being


To Singapore, where Malacca** roars
To Peru, my visitor new
To Israel, Biblical  Promised Land





5. Peru is  famous for creative handicrafts such as 
    musical instruments, jewelry,  wall carpets,  handmade
    pullovers,  wood carvings,  traditional clothing etc. 





United Kingdom with its Royal ring
And to Italy always ready to sing
With a bow I thank you all


6. People singing and playing instruments
 at Harvest Festival, Rapagnano,
Marche Region, Italy



Last of all, I  thank my motherland***
For nourishing me, with so loving a hand


         How dare I forget, The Almighty One
        Thank You Lord, for all that You have done.


Please get me more  bouquets and a camera too
To welcome Guernsey and Ukraine too


7. Guernsey




Guernsey small, although you are
But, from your existence, Wisdom showers
Evidences of Global warming on you
And plucked off from mainland****, 
You have been through


Hold on dear Guernsey
Soon help comes to thee
Promise to protect the environment we
In very near future do wait and see




________________________________________
  
*About 25% of its area and 21% of its population
is located below sea level.
**At Phillips Channel close to the south of Singapore,
the Strait of Malacca narrows to 2.8 km
(1.5 nautical miles) wide.
*** Land of Sages now Modern India
****Rising sea levels caused by prehistoric global warming transformed Guernsey from being the tip of a peninsula jutting out into the emergent English Channel around 6000 BC, into an island when it was cut off from continental Europe.
Although Guernsey is geographically closer

to the Normandy coast than to the south coast 
of England it is a dependency of the British Crown
Thus it is one of UK's three "Crown Dependencies"
along with Jersey and the Isle of Man.


Pictorial Sources
 1. hookedoncycling.co.uk
 2. en.wikipedia.org
     Belgrade is the capital of Serbia
3.  britannica.com danube
4.  trekkertime.com
5. blog.hotelclub.com
6. superstock.co.uk
7. offshorebankingtoday.com 


Note: Some unique, fascinating destinations in Tanzania
        are Mount KilimanjaroNgorongoro CraterSerengeti 
        Game Reserve, and beach Islands like Zanzibar.
        









































2 comments:

  1. u r Very creative ...loved ur poems..
    u r so amazing!
    was dis ur hobby from chidhood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You. I am so happy that you loved it. Yes, I have been writing from a very long time. If you tell me your profession then i will write a couplet for you. No need to tell your name. You may remain anonymous.

    ReplyDelete