Tuesday 26 July 2011

My Arms Spread Out To Welcome My Friends


1. Paradise on earth- Switzerland



My arms spread out to welcome my friends
Who have come from world over wide.


Not everyone's mother tongue I do know 
But a smile and a laughter and twinkling eyes 



Is enough to convey that I love you all 
My prayers for you that each may stand tall





2. Finland me,  Please do see




3. Parkano Church of 1800's, Pirkanmaa Region,
 Finland





4. Downtown Reykjavik ( Capital of Iceland )


5. Poland Tours


Switzerland, Finland , Iceland, Poland
Each blessed with heavenly cold

When sunrays seeps into our pores
We rush to your welcoming doors



6. Penny in sand - EGYPT




Egyptians and cotton, Gift of the Nile
In sand and mud all your treasure lies

Hungary reminds me of my CJM* days
Edith,  I hope we cross our ways



7.  Budapest ( Capital of Hungary) 



Argentina, Romania, Georgia, S Korea
Pampas, Gypsies**, Iberians*** and movies see ya***



8. Pampas grassland of Argentina*****



9. Romanian Gypsies



10. The Brotherhood of War (2004)

11. The Classic ( 2002)








Belgium, Bahrain although small you both are
Your wisdom and oil on us you have showered




12.  The town of Brugge Belgium



13. First oil well in Bahrain******



Land of wine, and of prose,
Land of poetry and of rose

Land of fashion and of fame 
Land of beautiful pretty dames




14.  Cottage in St-Jean-du-Gard  ( France )




Yes it is, France it is, who else 
Can be the owner of those dells

Please do pronounce me Sheelay
Though I am spelt C H I LE each day


15. Chile 
Capital - Santiago



Swanky males and brown females
Muscular bodies and historical tales

Ecuador, with Spanish history in Quito
And to glimpse the Pacific all must go



16. Fun loving Ecuador people



To each of you my heart welcomes
To each of you my humble thanks 

To come this way and be my friend
I pray you too may have innumerable friends

Kind words and warm smiles is all that we need
For us to carry on with speed doing good deed

For body to work with God has given 
An inspired soul, a peaceful heart too weaven

Wake up my friends and pick up your tasks
Work too can be fun and then you may bask

In warm sunshine in severe winters
In chilled waters in blistering summers

Good lord we thank you for this bountiful world
All colours of rainbow now with me 

My arms lengthened to hug my friends
Whom The Heavenly God alone does send


___________________________________________________________________


Pictorial Sources:-

  1. bloggersbase.com 
  2. worldwide-tax.com
  3. churchesaroundtheworld.com 
  4. treehugger.com 
  5. destination360.com 
  6. holidayplanners.com  
  7. ihavenet.com  
  8. moneyweek.com  
  9. flickr.com    
10. thetravelingcs.com  
11. hancinema.net 
12. gentbelgium.ca 
13. bahrainbrethren.com
14. homeaway.nl  
15. geographic.org 
16. garyascott.com  



Notes:- 


    * Convent of Jesus and Mary

 **  The Gypsy peoples originate from Sind region now in Pakistan.
    Their Rom language is close to the older forms of Indian languages.

 *** Iberia was a name given by the ancient Greeks and Romans to the ancient Georgian kingdom of Kartli (4th         century BC – 5th century AD), corresponding roughly to the eastern and southern parts of the present day Georgia. And thus people of Iberia were called Iberians.


**** Korean movies don't we all love to see - My Sassy Girl, Seducing Mr. Perfect, A  Moment to Remember , The Brotherhood of War, The Classic etc etc. 


*****Have you heard this song........................My heart is in Rosa Rio
 ( If not, you must, you will not regret I promise)            Under the Argentine sky
                                                             There with a beautiful lady
                                                             With dark and sparkling eyes..........   
                                                                       (Rosa Rio by Jim Reeves)   
                                      
 ****** The Kingdom of Bahrain is known as the “Pearl of Arabian Gulf”. Bahrain, which means ‘two seas’- the salt and sweet- consists of 33 islands, with a total land area in excess of 700sq.kms.  



First oil well in Bahrain as its name suggests, is the first oil well in the Gulf. "Spurted" on 16th October 1931, the well finally began to blow heads of oil on the morning of 2nd June 1932. 





No comments:

Post a Comment