Monday 4 July 2011

Triplets: 1) Reflections On A Rainy Day...................2) Lark In The Park...................3) Monsoon



1) Reflections On A Rainy Day




1.  Green Maharashtra after monsoon




 Can I Count the movies I have seen
Can I count the places I have been
Can I count the books I have read
Can I count the kind words I have said

Can I think of the times I have been good
Can I think of the times I should have stood
Can I count the days I have been on leave
Can I say all the thoughts I do believe

 Can I count the people whom I have met
Can I count the days that have been wet
Can I count the tears that I have shed
Can I count the time I should have led

Can I count the times I have been bad
Can I count the days I have been sad
Can I count the praises I have won
Have I thanked God for all He has done

Its time I knelt and bowed my head
And asked for forgiveness from the only Head
Do keep me safe I cry and pray
Good Lord above please show me the way

                               
                                      ______________________________________             
                               
 2)  Lark in the Park*


2. Rather the birds woke me up!  (Maharashtra)



I wake up in the morning
And hear the birds singing

I take a walk in the park
And hope to see the lonely lark

It had lost its friends on its way
And had come to the park yesterday

There it was all drenched and wet
I longed to keep it as my pet

But thoughts of its friends waiting yonder
Made me to sit awhile and ponder

Where is their home, for all I see
Is the shrinking greens and increasing we

                                     ______________________________________________

 3)   Monsoon*

3. Monsoon, India's Boon

June 1st, monsoon hits coastal Kerala first
From there it trudges slowly to the north
By the time sun reaches the Tropic of Cancer
Lo! behold the winds are not far behind
Gushing and puffing its journey not yet done
Northwards it rushes, but humbled by the Himalayas
And the fiery Thar has for its feast warm moist winds
The former drenched in rain and the latter still parched
The call of the Thar is monsoon in India
Yet all over it rains ,but for Thar and Coromandel
Beating the retreat it does soon after the sun** to equator it moves
Tamilians now cooled to their hearts and tis time to bid
Sun and monsoon farwell till the next year is here again




4. Earth revolving around the Sun giving us seasons
and rotating about its axis and giving us day and night







5. Monsoon magic paints green




_______________________________________________________________________


*    Both the poems, Lark In The Park as well as Monoon were  written for the
      sake of school kids, one from Delhi and the other from Simla.




** The apparent shifting of the sun though of course it is
     the earth that revolves around the sun


Pictorial sources:-


1, 2 and 3 - mary's archive
4. kyle-scientific.blogspot.com
5. amitkulkarni.info

No comments:

Post a Comment