Wednesday 30 March 2011

In Memory Of An Ancient Greek Scholar-Homer



Ancient Greek Poet-Homer*




World according to Homer**


Homer was an Ancient
Greek Epic Poet of
the Odyssey and 
Iliad whose contribution
to physical geography
is also very remarkable
Homer's description 
of four winds coming
from different directions
Can be summed up 
in the following verse.


                     




                          
                   Winds

Although strong and although cool
Clear skies bring north wind Bore
                   Warm and gentle east wind Eurus
                   Unlike dreaded west wind Zephyrus
And last of all is Notus wind
Stormy weather brings from south




Greece during Homer's time***
Pictorial sources
* theophiliacs.com
**ireference.ca
***mlahanas.de



                     






                     
                        








4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely poem, a very fitting tribute to a great poet like Homer. Warm regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear. A great Poet like Homer needs much more to be written about him and I surely will try my best. Be safe, come often my lips do pray......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a verse for you

    I feel like singing and dancing for sure......
    Since morning I was feeling so low down n poor.
    The Good Lord has now sent me a new friend......
    And my kiddish heart is now on its way to be mend

    ReplyDelete
  4. bear grylls messer
    Feel free to visit my web site ... bear grylls messer

    ReplyDelete